Winter weeknights call for a dinner that’s nourishing and healthy—and let’s be honest, that comes together in less than 30 minutes. This Sheet Pan Harvest Hash checks every box, and it also happens to be low-carb, paleo, whole30, grain-free, gluten-free, and whatever other dietary train you’re on right now. January is a time when many of us are looking to clean up our diets—but as we near the end of the month, our best intentions often fade (and the ease of pizza delivery is tempting.) Which is why I love this simple sheet pan dinner: it comes together faster than takeout, and if you’re lucky, there’ll be leftovers. Scroll on for a few keys to success on whipping up this simple dinner. Bonus points for the lack of dishes to clean at the end at the end of the night! You’re welcome.
Why you’ll love this Sheet Pan Harvest Hash:
- It’s incredibly easy. With just a few readily available ingredients, you can create a tasty and satisfying dinner in less time than it takes to order takeout.
- It fits (almost) ever diet. Whether you’re following a paleo, whole30, or grain-free diet, this recipe fits right in. It’s an ideal choice for those looking to embrace a healthier way of eating without compromising on a really delicious dinner. And if you’re eating vegetarian? Just swap the sausage for vegetarian sausage, tofu, or tempeh.
- Customizability. You can easily experiment with this recipe by swapping out ingredients to suit your preferences or dietary restrictions. It’s a versatile dish that welcomes culinary creativity.
Ingredients You’ll Need for Sheet Pan Harvest Hash
- Sweet potato: my favorite root veg adds natural sweetness
- Brussels sprouts: they get crispy and delicious when roasted at a high heat
- Bell peppers and red onion: they get really sweet when roasted and add gorgeous color
- Garlic salt: easy way to add tons of flavor
- Italian seasoning: infuses the dish with aromatic herbs.
- Italian sausage: I love that it’s preseasoned so half the work is done for you
Simple hacks and shortcuts
- Pre-cut Vegetables: When I’m really in a time crunch, I’ll grab pre-cut veggies at the grocery to save some prep time. Choose colorful veggies like bell peppers, sweet potatoes, onions, and zucchini to add variety and visual appeal to your sheet pan hash. Then all that’s left to do is literally throw them on a sheet pan and let the oven do its job.
- Use Parchment Paper: Line your sheet pan with parchment paper to make cleanup a breeze. It also prevents sticking and promotes even cooking.
Ingredient swaps to customize your sheet pan harvest hash:
- Switch up the sausage: Switch up the Italian sausage with chicken sausage, turkey sausage, or even plant-based sausage for a different flavor profile.
- Omit the goat cheese based on your diet: If you’re dairy-free or following a strict paleo diet, substitute goat cheese crumbles with avocado slices or a dollop of compliant paleo mayonnaise.
Health benefits that make this harvest hash so nourishing:
- Nutrient-Rich: The colorful array of vegetables in this recipe provides a wide range of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. They contribute to a well-balanced diet and support overall health and well-being.
- High-Protein: Italian sausage is a great source of protein, which plays a key role in muscle development, repair, and overall satiety.
- Paleo, Whole30, and Grain-Free Friendly: This recipe aligns with various diets due to its exclusion of grains, processed ingredients, and added sugars. It focuses on wholesome, natural ingredients that promote optimal health and well-being. It prioritizes real, whole foods that nourish and serve as a true reset for your body.
- Gluten-Free: The recipe is naturally gluten-free since it excludes grains, making it suitable for those with gluten sensitivities or celiac disease.
- Low-Carb: With its focus on vegetables and protein-rich sausage, this recipe is relatively low in carbohydrates, making it a great choice for those sticking to a low-carb or keto diet.
Scroll on to grab the recipe to this Sheet Pan Harvest Hash. It’s a wholesome, flavorful meal that’s low on effort and high on deliciousness—I think you’ll love it as much as we dol!